May 02, 1994
IRS Advisory Group to Meet
WASHINGTON - The Internal Revenue Service Information
Reporting Program Advisory Committee (IRPAC) will hold its semi-annual meeting on May 17
and 18. The sessions will be held in Room 3313 at IRS Headquarters, 1111 Constitution
Ave., N.W., starting at 9:30 a.m. each day and ending at noon on the 18th.
The agenda, which is subject to change, includes the following
- Revision of the EIN System;
- Wage Reporting Simplification Project;
- W-2 Demonstration Project;
- Reporting of U.S. Source Income to Foreign Persons;
- Tax Systems Modernization;
- Civil Penalty Administration;
- Electronic Filing of Form W-4;
- On-line TIN Matching Prototype;
- Form 1099 Standardization;
- Form 1099R Revisions;
- Form 1099 Electronic Filing Results;
- Credit Cards and 1099 Filings;
- Acceleration of W-2 Reporting Due Dates;
- Third-Party Payer Situation; and
- Reporting Cancellation of Indebtedness.
Due to space limitations, anyone wishing to attend the IRPAC meeting should call John
Guthrie at 202-622-3583 by May 12.
For general information about IRPAC, contact Kate LaBuda at 202-622-3404. To submit
comments to the Committee for future consideration, send them to Ms. LaBuda, Information
Reporting Program, Internal Revenue Service, EX:I:P, Room 2013, 1111 Constitution Avenue,
N.W., Washington, DC 20224.
Previous | Next
1994 IRS News Releases | News Releases Main | Home