2000 Tax Help Archives  

Publication 554 2000 Tax Year

Child & Dependent Care Credit

This is archived information that pertains only to the 2000 Tax Year. If you
are looking for information for the current tax year, go to the Tax Prep Help Area.

You may be able to claim the credit if you pay someone to care for your dependent who is under age 13 or for your spouse or dependent who is not able to care for himself or herself. The credit can be up to 30% of your expenses. To qualify, you must pay these expenses so you can work or look for work.


If you claim this credit, you must include on your return the name and taxpayer identification number (generally the social security number) of each qualifying person. If the correct information is not shown, the credit may be reduced or disallowed.

You must also show on your return the name, address, and the taxpayer identification number of the person(s) or organization(s) that provided the care.

For more information, see Publication 503, Child and Dependent Care Expenses.

Previous | First | Next

Publication Index | 2000 Tax Help Archives | Tax Help Archives | Home