2000 Tax Help Archives  

Publication 501 2000 Tax Year

Important Reminders

This is archived information that pertains only to the 2000 Tax Year. If you
are looking for information for the current tax year, go to the Tax Prep Help Area.

Social security number for dependents. You must list either the social security number (SSN), individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN), or adoption taxpayer identification number (ATIN) of every person for whom you claim an exemption.

If you do not list the dependent's SSN, ITIN, or ATIN, the exemption may be disallowed. See Social Security Numbers for Dependents, later.

Election to report child's unearned income on parent's return. You may be able to include your child's interest and dividend income on your tax return by using Form 8814, Parents' Election To Report Child's Interest and Dividends. If you choose to do this, your child will not file a return.

Previous | First | Next

Publication Index | 2000 Tax Help Archives | Tax Help Archives | Home