2000 Tax Help Archives  

Publication 501 2000 Tax Year

Who Should File

This is archived information that pertains only to the 2000 Tax Year. If you
are looking for information for the current tax year, go to the Tax Prep Help Area.

Even if you do not have to file, you should file a tax return to get money back if one of the following applies.

  1. You had income tax withheld from your pay.
  2. You qualify for the earned income credit. See Publication 596, Earned Income Credit (EIC), for more information.
  3. You qualify for the additional child tax credit. See the instructions in your tax forms package for more information on this credit.

Table 3. Other Situations When You Must File a 1999 Return

Previous | First | Next

Publication Index | 2000 Tax Help Archives | Tax Help Archives | Home