1997 Tax Help Archives  

Public Libraries-Tax Information Tapes and Reproducible Tax Forms

This is archived information that pertains only to the 1997 Tax Year. If you
are looking for information for the current tax year, go to the Tax Prep Help Area.

If you need tax forms or would like instructions in completing your federal income tax return, your local library may have just what you need.

Some libraries have available Publication 1132, Reproducible Federal Tax Forms for Use in Libraries, and Publication 1194, A Selection of Tax Information Publications. For a fee, you can make copies of many of the forms you need. Also, some libraries may have a supply of forms that you can pick up. If forms and publications are not available at a library, call IRS at 1-800-829-3676 to order what you need, or see Topic 155 for more options.

PLEASE!! . . . . don't ask librarians tax law questions; they are not trained by the IRS. Call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 for tax information. The library provides tax forms and other tax materials strictly on a voluntary basis as a public service.

Tax Topics & FAQs | Tax Help Archives | Home