February 14, 1997
IRS Help Lines Open on Presidents' Day
WASHINGTON - The Internal
Revenue Service will be working overtime to help taxpayers on the upcoming Presidents' Day
holiday. The IRS will open its toll-free assistance line -- 1-800-829-1040 -- on Monday,
February 17, from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm local time, to answer questions related to tax forms.
The IRS will also open its special line for taxpayers with
questions about bills they have received. They may call the number listed on the notice
until 9 pm on Monday. IRS walk-in offices and the forms order line will be closed for the
- Some other IRS assistance resources are available 24 hours a day, including:
- the IRS home page at www.irs.ustreas.gov, with forms, publications, frequently asked tax questions, information on filing electronically, and much more;
- the IRIS at FedWorld electronic bulletin board, via modem at 703-321-8020;
- TaxFax, via fax machine at 703-487-4160, with forms, instructions and other information available by return fax; and
- TeleTax, at 1-800-829-4477, with recorded information on over 140 tax topics.
Previous | Next
1997 IRS News Releases | News Releases Main | Home